Moving Scams & How to Avoid Them from Moving Companies in Denver, CO
Moving Companies in Denver, CO Help you Avoid Moving Scams
If you’ve moved before, you probably remember feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or frazzled. Moving can be hard on families and businesses, and sense of stress makes scammers feel like you might be an easier target. Moving scams have increased as people find resources online instead of in person. The moving companies in Denver CO can tell you it’s important to verify any vendor you pick, and the experienced representatives at Great Plains Moving and Storage compiled these tips to help you stay safe.
When planning a move, it’s important to do your research on moving companies in Denver, CO so you can feel comfortable with the business you’ll be partnering with. We hate to see customers left in the lurch by disreputable companies and moving scams. You can avoid that risk by doing some additional research and fact-checking.
· Check Out Their Website - A professional company should have a professional looking website, with multiple legitimate ways to contact them. Reviews on platforms like Google and Yelp can confirm the experiences others have had working with that business, so be sure to look them up and read a few.
· Call the Company - The company’s phone number should be easy to find and be answered by someone who identifies themselves and the name of the company. Scammers will generally try not to say a company name or give you information that you could try to investigate.
· Looks for Professional Organizations - Even very small or local professional movers will still identify themselves as members of the Better Business Bureau, the local chamber of commerce, the International Association of Movers, the American Moving and Storage Association, etc. Each of these affiliations is an organization you can contact to verify the track record of the company you’re looking into.
· Consider Their Coverage - Moving companies in Denver CO will always be able to offer some sort of liability coverage during your move. Even if you’re using the full services of the company and not doing any of the labor yourself, it’s important to understand what liability you maintain, and the company maintains throughout each step of the move.
· Look into Payment Options - If the company is requesting a down payment, advance, or other payment arrangements, it might be a sign of a scam. Professional movers get paid after all the work of your move has been completed.
Contact Great Plains Moving & Storage
The moving companies in Denver CO want to be sure you can connect with the relocation services you need. If you’re looking for expertise along with comprehensive moving services, Great Plains Moving and Storage is ready to help. Contact us today to get started with your free quote.