Items Commonly Damaged During a Move from Movers in Brighton, CO
Professional Movers in Brighton, CO Offer Safe Packing Tips for Fragile Items
Even with the most careful packing and extreme care, things happen, it's a fact of life. One of the best ways to minimize the risk of damage is to research the various movers in Brighton, CO, like Great Plains Moving and Storage. Make sure to look for moving companies with an excellent reputation and years of experience in packing and moving fragile items. If you decide to do your own packing, there are numerous steps you can take to help reduce the risk of damage.
- Fragile Items - Anything made of glass or ceramic is typically the first thing to break during a move. In order to avoid this, these items must be packed carefully. For example, you should never pack plates horizontally. They should be wrapped in individual sheets of packing paper with the folded part on top and stacked vertically. Be sure you pad the bottom of the box using bubble wrap, towels, T-shirts, and other cloth items. Finally, make sure you fill any voids in the box with more bubble wrap or cloth items such as those described above. Of course, the best way to keep your breakables safe is to hire professional movers in Brighton, CO to handle the packing for you.
- Furniture - Furniture is typically oddly shaped and a thing that many movers fail to wrap for the move. You should remove all drawers and parts that might come off during the move. Then use moving pads to wrap each piece of furniture and bubble wrap the smaller parts.
- TVs, Computers, & Other Electronics - These items need special care to ensure they are protected. If you still have the original boxes, be sure you use them, they are the best possible way to keep your electronics safe. If not, use boxes that are close to the right size, disconnect all cables, put tape over any moving parts to keep them from opening. Wrap the item in bubble wrap and place it in the box along with all accessories and cords. Use more bubble wrap or soft cloth items to fill any voids in the box.
- Lampshades - Lampshades are particularly challenging to ship safely. Place each lampshade in an individual box with a towel or blanket on the bottom and then use newspaper or packing paper to fill the voids. Cover the top of the lampshade with more towels or soft clothing and tape the box shut.
- Paintings & Other Artwork - Artwork can be challenging due to the size and shape of items such as large paintings, framed posters, and so forth. Each item should be in its own box. Start with a layer of crumpled paper on the bottom of the box. Remove any glass from the frames and wrap it carefully in bubble wrap and put it on top of the crumpled paper. Then wrap the artwork and place it in the box next to the glass and fill the voids with more crumpled paper.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
While these steps can help to protect your fragile items, the best way to ensure they travel safely is to hire the best professional movers in Brighton, CO. Contact the experts at Great Plains Moving and Storage for your move, we have expert packers who are skilled at packing and moving fragile items.