Tips on Short-Term Storage Solutions
Expert Movers’ Advice for Short-Term Storage Solutions in Brighton, CO & Surrounding Areas
Great Plains Moving and Storage knows that sometimes a move isn’t directly from point A to point B. Your residential or commercial move might need short-term storage solutions. These can be used when your move is not directly taken to the new location due to rent ending at the old location or the new one is still under construction and more. We understand that and that is why we have gathered these tips to help you find the right storage solutions for you and your next move.
- When is Storage Needed? - Short-term storage is most often used when a move takes place before your new home or office is not ready yet. Hiring a moving and storage company with safe and secure storage is key. You will want a secure monitored, and safe place to store your belongings at the warehouse or facility provided by your moving company.
- Planning - Planning for moving and storage services can be tough. Make sure you plan ahead when your new home will be ready, walk through the new space to make sure all of your belongings will fit, and pack in a way to easily find what you need while it is in storage.
- Packing - While packing, use only good quality packing materials to protect your belongings. Stock up on cardboard boxes, packaging tape, markers, and bubble wrap. Anything less can damage your packed items.
Moving and Storage Checklist Questions
When picking out where to store your items, think about what you need first.
- What size of a unit do you need?
- How often can you access the unit?
- What hours is the storage facility open?
- Can you access your unit by car?
- Is there a security system?
Take your time and pick the storage solutions that are best for you, your home or company. Professional moving companies should include short-term storage solutions and should be a part of your search. Communicate and tell the movers what you need. Once everything is planned and picked, your move will be over before you know it.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage today for your short-term moving and storage needs.
It's winter time in Colorado, which means that the temperatures are dropping and will most likely fall below 32 degrees Fahrenheit during the night or when it snows. These frigid temperatures can be very damaging to items. To ensure the safety of your most valuable items, you should store them in a climate-controlled storage room that averages temperatures between 55 and 90 degrees. Here are ten reasons why you should consider storing your high-value items in climate-controlled rooms: