The Ultimate Moving Checklist for Business Movers
Professional Business Movers in Brighton, CO & Colorado Springs, CO Provide a Moving Checklist for Your Company
Moving to a thriving business or office is a difficult endeavor. People, technology, furniture, and security must all be considered, not to mention the necessity to keep your business going throughout the process.
Making lists is an efficient way to begin any huge project or assignment, especially if the list is provided by expert business movers and separated into manageable portions. This may help you recall all of the important information and follow the correct approach. And doesn't it feel great to cross things off your to-do list?
- Create a Strategy - When do you intend to relocate? Is there a particular order in which items must be relocated? Should this happen during business hours, when it could disrupt our billable hours/client work?
- Examine Rental Agreements - Is there a time limit for you to leave? In what condition are you expected to leave the building? Do you have to leave anything behind? Your business movers can work with landlords or realtors to guarantee that all expectations and agreements are met.
- Consider Technology - Unless you're a time-traveling businessman, your office is technologically advanced. In fact, your organization may be fully dependent on computers, software, WiFi, and other office equipment. When relocating your business, you'll want to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Don't Ignore the Furnishings - Will you be transferring your old workplace furniture or purchasing new ones? Both have benefits and drawbacks. Reputable commercial moving services can help you disassemble, relocate, and reassemble your existing furniture correctly. They can also assist you with shifting your new office chairs and furniture if you want to make a change.
- Consider Your Employees - Change can be challenging. A little help from an employee can go a long way. Keep lines of communication open throughout the process, so they are never taken off guard. Find some novel ways to make them feel valued during the next stage of the company's expansion. You could give them maps of their new commutes, throw them a farewell pizza party, or even ask them to help you pick paint colors or conference room names.
- Consider Cleaning - Moving generates dust and garbage. Your aforementioned landlords are probably searching for a fresh start between tenants. Make sure your business movers can clean up your old space after you've moved out and freshen up your new one before you move in to save you time (and money).
- Hold an Open House - Once you've established your new location, hold an open house if it's acceptable for your firm. It's a great way to meet current and new clients, investors, and employees. You could even want to invite your new employees. It's time to get back to work in your new digs after you've celebrated this new chapter in your company's history!
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
This is far from an exhaustive list. Because your business stands out among the thousands of others in town, leave the hard lifting to expert business movers. If you have any questions regarding how to get started on your own moving to-do list, please contact us online or call Great Plains Moving and Storage now!
Commercial Movers' Post-Move Checklist for Businesses
A Post-Move Checklist from Expert Commercial Movers in Brighton, CO & Colorado Springs, CO
Moving to a new office can allow your company to grow and continue to develop and thrive is worth the time and effort spent planning and preparing. There is still much to accomplish after the move, especially in the first few days. Use this relocation checklist from Great Plains Moving and Storage's expert commercial movers to ensure your firm is well-prepared for the move.
- Employee Moving Packets - Getting your personnel to the new office should be your first priority. Distribute moving packages with new passcodes, keycards, desk assignments, and parking spots to employees the day of the move.
- Examine Equipment & Technology - After a move, have your IT department inspect all equipment. Include laptops, printers, phones, and projectors in the check. Check any additional specialized equipment for appropriate operation. You don't want a client visiting your office a week after the transfer and having a technical issue.
- Extra Furniture & Equipment - After arranging the office for maximum efficiency, you can arrange for the removal of any extra furniture and equipment, including old office furniture that doesn't match the new. Extra equipment can be stored, donated, sold, or thrown away. So the office isn't packed and uncomfortable, do this shortly after moving.
- Update Materials & Website Details - One of the most crucial tasks after a transfer is to double-check all business papers for contact information. Don't leave any platform untouched to avoid confusing your clients. Update your website and social media accounts, print new brochures and flyers, and reorder business cards.
- Know Your New Area - Making appointments with associates and clients will require mapping the new area. Knowing traffic conditions, back routes, and transit choices can mean being late for a meeting. You can also acquire a list of suitable business lunch spots and their busy hours.
- Contact Associates & Clients - To avoid future confusion, notify all clients and associates of your new location within a few days after the transfer. Involve your clients, cleaners, carriers, and the USPS. You can confirm your new address so meetings, services, and delivery continue as planned.
- File Any Complaints - Once everything is unpacked and inspected, file any complaints and insurance claims with the moving company. It's critical to notify any damage immediately to ensure accurate reporting and claims.
- Leave an Online Review - Reviewing commercial movers can wait a few days, but it should be done within one week. You can also communicate your complaints and questions here. If you had an excellent experience, it can help others decide.
Contact Great Plains Storage
Great Plains Moving and Storage specializes in commercial relocation and employs expert commercial movers in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO. We provide full-service company moving from planning to furniture installation. We want your post-move to be as smooth as your move. We'll handle the move and even help you with a post-move checklist! Contact us today for more information.
Why You Should Review Professional Moving Companies Online
Why Review Professional Moving Companies in Brighton, CO & Colorado Springs, CO Online?
Moving your company takes effort and strategy. Professional moving companies relieve you and your crew of a lot of tension. It's amazing how little downtime and disruption there is after a smooth move. However, there are several reasons to keep an eye on the moving firm before returning to commercial activities. For many consumers, five minutes to rate your moving company online means a lot.
Why Rate Your Movers Online
Describe Your Experience
Online, you can express your happiness or discontent with the services received. Movers, like any other business, desire happy clients. When companies learn of a terrible experience, they want to make it right. Online reviews allow movers to apologize for any issues or clarify their judgments. So the movers can fix a problem for you and future customers.
Write a review online if you liked the way a moving company handled a scenario. Your feedback will help professional moving companies provide great service. If you operate a business, a happy customer means happy employees. Congratulations to your moving company on a job well done.
Decide Who to Hire
According to BrightLocal, 92% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase. This way, others looking for a great moving business may determine whether to use your recommendation. Sharing your moving experience online either help or impede someone else's move. Your assessment may influence someone's decision.
Internet reviews might help other potential consumers as well as answer questions about the relocation process. You undoubtedly had queries and researched moving companies. You may have searched their website, Google, or social media. Each platform described the moving company, its process, and its offerings. You can help others by clarifying questions when a company wants to relocate.
Because many customers base their decisions on online reviews, assessing your local moving company might benefit both parties. Having a good time with a local business encourages others to do so. A good internet review can help your local business.
Contact Great Plains Storage
Reviewing professional moving companies online has many benefits for you, the movers, and other potential customers. It can help business partnerships and stress-free activity. Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage in Brighton, CO or Colorado Springs, CO for additional information.
Office Moving and Storage Questions Answered
Frequently Asked Questions about Office Moving and Storage in Brighton, CO & Colorado Springs, CO Answered
Moving an office takes a lot of time and work. You have many moving pieces to manage and questions about how to handle them. Since your office moving and storage company will probably be running most of the process, Great Plains Moving and Storage has created a list of questions that many business owners ask regarding moving. Find out what you need to know to better plan your move.
How Do I Get a Quote?
Call your movers for a business relocation estimate and answer your moving questions. Calling your local office movers for a quote should be easy. Great Plains Moving and Storage offers a free move consultation at your place of business. The talk covers everything from packing your computer equipment to how many elevator journeys you'll need to get out. A moving company will provide you with an estimate for your move in person or over the phone.
When Should I Book My Move?
The earlier an office moving and storage company knows about the move, the better. Choosing your moving date ahead of time allows you to avoid working around a pre-arranged plan. Moving firms do their best to accommodate clients and organize last-minute moves, but it isn't always successful. Book your office move as soon as you know you'll be moving
What Moving Services Do You Offer?
They provide a range of office moving and storage solutions, including commercial relocating in New Orleans. Moving firms can offer a variety of services. Great Plains Moving and Storage is a full-service moving and relocation firm that handles moving planning to furniture placement in the new office. Contact your moving company to see what services they may give and which you must do yourself.
Where are My Items Safe?
Professional movers take your belongings' security seriously. They safeguard your items, pack them in cardboard boxes or plastic tubs, and fasten them carefully on the vehicle. On top of handling your items with care, moving firms have the extra precaution of insurance just in case something breaks. We are bonded, licensed, and insured for your and our protection.
Do You Specialize in Relocation?
Moving firms can be flexible in their movements, but not all are equal. A business moving firm like Great Plains Moving and Storage understands how to treat business equipment. Commercial movers have resources that domestic movers do not. Depending on the size of your office and its equipment, a commercial mover may be the best alternative.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
The key to a successful move is knowing what your moving company can give. Great Plains Moving and Storage goes out of its way to satisfy our clients' requests for a stress-free move. Contact your moving company today to discuss your business relocation needs.
10 Professional Moving Safety Tips from Denver Area Movers
Denver Area Movers Provide Professional Moving Advice for a Safe and Secure Move
The stress and cost of moving from one property to another can be difficult, especially on Moving Day. The health of you, your family, and pets should always come first, before money or time. That's why moving is so risky.
- Seek Help - Don't lift and move heavy household items alone. Instead, enlist the help of friends or partner with professional Denver area movers.
- Plan Ahead - Avoid major blunders on the "Big Day" by planning. If you plan to hire professional movers, contact them early to receive an estimate and start preparing.
- Use Quality Packing Materials - Invest in excellent moving equipment and packing materials for oversized items like furniture, appliances, and moving boxes.
- Examine Your Home - Prevent serious incidents on moving day. Inspect all doorways and hallways before moving bulky furniture. Pre-measure the furnishings, then the exit doors and corridors. When in doubt, safely disassemble your most significant furniture pieces before moving them.
- Dress Appropriately - Be prepared for any unpleasant surprises on moving day. Wear clothes that are comfortable and protective. Make sure your attire is breathable and flexible. Avoid excessive clothing.
- Clear Paths - When moving large and heavy things, no random moving boxes or other untidy clutter should be in your way. Remember that one wrong step or slide can ruin your house move. Debris on exit paths is a significant trip hazard.
- Outdoor Safety – Help with the exterior areas. A clear path to the driving vehicle is preferred. Clean up any ground debris, even if innocuous. Even if you're moving out, prune overgrown bushes and tree limbs that could injure movers.
- Monitor Your Kids - Kids should not be present when massive furniture is removed from the home. Innocent children are especially at risk, so ask someone to monitor your kids while you work.
- Safeguard Your Pets — You don't want your rambunctious pet running about on moving day. Moving day safety is about avoiding mishaps. Keep your pet in a room with plenty of food and water, and try temporarily barring the door.
- Check the Weather - Keep an eye on the forecast. Wear light-colored clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to reduce sweating on hot summer days. Keep the house warm and dress in layers to regulate your body temperature.
Contact Great Plains Storage
Overall, employ common sense. Don't try to be a hero and do things you can't. Hire expert Denver area movers to help you move big goods as you transfer lighter items. Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage today for more information!
Hidden Costs While Moving from Professional Movers in Colorado
Learn About the Hidden Costs While Moving from Professional Movers in Colorado and in Brighton, CO & Surrounding Areas
Moving your home or office comes with a few main costs. Costs dependent on the distance you are moving, the number of items being moved, and more. But, while those may seem obvious to some, there are several hidden costs that you might not think of that moving companies may slip into your quote or you may run into along the way. When planning your budget for a move or scheduling an estimate, keep these in mind!
Costs to Look For
There are a handful of extra fees that might apply to your residential or commercial move. Here is a list to help you understand and be aware of each one.
- The cost of packing supplies: boxes, paper, bubble-wrap.
- Fees for large or bulky items such as pianos.
- Long carry fee if there is a long distance from your building to the truck.
- Short-term and long-term storage fees.
- Fees for a disassembly of furniture service.
- Elevator fee if the elevator in a building is out of order.
- Express delivery fee.
- Packing and unpacking services fee.
- Travel fee for the distance from the office to your location.
- Fee for canceling the move last minute or no-show.
- Charges for making additional stops.
These fees are not “hidden” in the fact that they are supposed to be a surprise, but they can be unexpected if you do not know what to look for. During your initial estimate, ask your movers about these fees and see if any apply to your services or not. No matter, your professional movers in Colorado will work with you to explain their services and fit them to your needs.
Plan ahead and start budgeting early on to accommodate for these extra fees. Take a look at your home to see if there could be fees because of an elevator, walking distance, and more. Understanding these costs with professional movers in Colorado will help you prepare for your move.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage to meet our professional movers in Colorado. Located in Brighton, CO, and surrounding areas, we are only a phone call away to schedule your moving and storage estimate.